Friday, June 21, 2013

The Secret of Making Money Online

   Making money online is lucrative, but it isn’t easy. If it were easy, it would likely be a Ponzi scheme or a scam. The premise of making a living promoting products online is simple. You set up a website, find a product that people want to buy and a make it available to them.

   Sounds simple. But if it were simple we would all be wealthy and living our dreams.

   But most of us aren’t. So what’s the problem?

   The problem is we listen to people who believe they know how to make money online, but don’t, or listen to people who say you can’t make money on line when hundreds of thousands obviously have.  So who do you listen to? You listen to the people who are proven successes at online businesses and follow their lead.

   But there is a problem there as well. Each successful online business guru has his or her own style. Much like each writer has their own ‘voice’. They have created their businesses through trial and error, often lost money at first but kept at it until they found what worked for them and what didn’t. Once done, they eliminated what didn’t work and focused on improving what did.

   And that, my friends, is the secret.

   Disappointed? Expected something mind-blowing? An epiphany or magic formula perhaps?

   Sorry, but those are the tools of the Ponzi schemers, scammer and con-artists. To make real money takes real work. It also takes the right product. For example. I’ve written an ebook and audio book showing middle age men the signs of, and how to cope with, the collapse of their long term marriages. Have a look here:  http://amzn.to/19N2tQi

   It’s selling well, but not great. I’m promoting it on Google adwords and the attention its getting is disappointing so I decided to look into why. While reviewing the key words I noticed a pattern. But not the one I wanted. People were clicking on keywords more closely related to marriage and love than separation and divorce, which is what the book is mainly about. I also noticed more women were clicking than the men, which is confusing because men are my target audience.

   I’ve received scores of emails from men telling me how much they loved the book and how much it helped, one woman reviewer noted that the book was balanced and fair and that men need guidance just as much as women when a long term marriage comes to an end.

   So what’s the problem? The book is well written, affordably priced and provides a needed service to men undergoing a very difficult patch in their lives.

   Why isn’t it selling better?

   Then it struck me. What is one of the main complaints women have about men?

   If you like, I can start the Jeopardy theme while you ponder.

   And… Times up! The complaint is ‘Men don’t ask for directions’.

   You might be saying, ‘But what does that have to do with anything?’ Well, to answer that, you take that specific personality trait and draw it out a little further. Men don’t ask for directions because men don’t ask for help. Asking for help indicates weakness. Real Men never show weakness. Showing weakness to the wife will make her question your ability to protect her, showing weakness will frighten the children, showing weakness will garner contempt from friends and associates.

   Real Men grin and bear it. Real Men tough it out. Real Men take it on the chin and never complain.  

   And apparently Real Men don’t buy books that will teach them how to safely navigate through a very difficult and emotionally devastating time. And unfortunately, too many Real Men have no one to talk to, no one to commiserate with, and no one to unburden themselves on. And having reached the end of their emotional rope they are, too often, found hanging from the end of a physical one.

   Which ironically, is why I wrote the book. Unaware that the one product they desperately needed was the one product that is so difficult for them to buy.

   But this is a fact of life when it comes to selling products and that’s why it’s important to roll out more than one because sometimes what you believe are ‘sure things’ struggle to get sales while ‘long shots’ (the pet rock, cabbage patch kids) make millions.

   So you see, the process is simple, real and profitable if you’re willing to put in the time and effort. So how do you start? You start by getting your own website. As mentioned in my previous post (below this one) you can get a professional website and set up for FREE at Wealthy Affiliate, the #1 company for people who market online. Once you join (for free) they set you up, show step-by-step videos on how to get products and sell them online. Click here: http://goo.gl/WAv9j  to look it over and see what they have to offer. (note* I did, liked what I saw and joined.)

   Next step, learn from the professionals. Many of the best, Vick Strizheus, Dave Wood, Peng Joon, and Eric Holmland just to name a few have tutorials that demonstrate proven methods that make you money. One of the youngest and most successful is Peng Joon. In this video he shows you how to generate continuously increasing income online in less than a month. http://bit.ly/14nmpYw

   If I may, I’d like to give you the one piece of advice I’ve discovered actually works in ALL cases regardless of what business you are setting up. And that is ‘You learn by DOING’ If you are serious about becoming financially comfortable, I’ve just showed you how. It doesn’t require any financial investment or contractual obligation to get started. You simply sign up at Wealthy Affiliate: http://goo.gl/WAv9j and watch the tutorials. A simple website can be set up in less than a half hour.  Then once you’ve watched the videos and realize that you can do it, you start looking for a mentor. 

   Mine is Vick Strizheus. Vick’s marketing company is extremely popular but is costly to join ($1997.00) and is not open to the public for most of the year. I’ve subscribed to his newletter however and have received several traffic obtaining tutorials that have worked wonders for my business. I’ve done the same with Eric Holmlund, who has also forwarded to me several valuable tutorials. I’ve found Peng Joon’s newletter very informative as well.

   As for me, well I’m nowhere near these guys league but have started to make some money so I’m on my way. I’m also small enough so that if you run into a problem or need to know if a product or service is worthwhile promoting or purchasing or if you just have a question, you can email me at czarrichards@gmail.com and I’ll do what I can to help. You can also sign up for my newsletter on the upper right side of this page.